Friday, September 10, 2010

Nature Center Staff update

I (Jessica) am back at the nature center after my maternity leave. It's hard being away from my son, Evan, but also great to be back. I missed the staff and animals while I was out. I was happy to hear that Christina and Amandas had some excellent help this summer. Matt Smith is from Ohio and Kristin Messinger is from Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, Kristin recently left to go back home and Matt leaves us at the end of this month. We will miss them both!
Kristin and Amanda Hardy enjoying Kristin's "thank you" party. (We really want her to come back so we refuse to say goodbye!).

Matt the chef made us all super-yummy meatball subs!

Staff with animals: Kristin with Hokey Pokey the armadillo, Amanda Hardy with Buddy the Macaw(recent rescue), Christina with Baby T the diamondback terrapin, Amanda Clark with horses (in the photograph and in spirit), Jessica with Muffin the gopher tortoise (another recent rescue) and Matt with Gator the red rat snake.

Who volunteered to clean up after our party? Hokey Pokey! She is very "helpful"...always into everything!!




No comments:

Post a Comment