Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Born Free...


I came back at the end of the day to check on Mr. Skips. I looked around and didn't see him or that he'd been to his food. I had done well earlier in releasing my baby, being a proud mamma, but this was way hard! But, I called for him and a few minutes later, he came running over! He seemed happy to see me and to show off for me how he could run and jump around the trees so well. He also showed me that he knew where his food and nest box where. He seems so happy, it really made all the work and worry worth it! The nest box is only temporary, and we'll gradually give him less food as he learns to forage. We'll also keep his cage open for a few days in case he feels safer in there at night. I feel like an empty nester now, proud that my boy is making it on his own, yet worried and missing him! He'll always have a big place in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment